Great Mother’s Day Activities to Honor Mom While at Home
Friday, May 8, 2020
1. Breakfast in bed – Let Mom sleep in this Mother’s Day and treat her to breakfast in bed. Pancakes, waffles, quiche--you name it! Get creative with breakfast and show Mom you are a breakfast connoisseur.
2. Get outside – Round up the troops and go on a neighborhood stroll. Take a bike ride or a late morning walk. Mom will be so happy to get out of the house and be outdoors—with you!
3. Relaxation is key – Mom needs to be refreshed. Bring the spa to your home! Schedule a manicure, pedicure, massage or a yoga session! Surprise her with a moment to relax.
4. Green thumb – Take advantage of the beautiful weather and help Mom tend to her garden. Plant herbs or vegetables to make your next meal one to be proud of.
5. Mom’s daily chores – Let’s face it, moms are superheroes (especially right now!). Let Mom take a load off and take care of her chores. It is her special day, so let her know that you have everything covered.
6. Homemade is the best way, so get to cooking! – Make dinner your activity, and let Mom sit and relax with her favorite cocktail in-hand. She will love to be off her feet and to be waited on by her family. Bon appetit!
7. Game night – Gather around the kitchen island or sit at the dining table. It is time for game night! Play cards, Mexican train, Rummikub or whatever Mom prefers! Maybe even let her win a round or two.
8. Mom’s choice – Wind down the day with Mom’s favorite movie. Skip the cartoons, and let Mom pick her rom com, tear jerker or even action-packed flick!
9. Love is all you need – Make Mom feel like the wonder woman she is. Tell her how much you love and appreciate her. Bring on the hugs! You are her most prized possession, so be there to make her smile.